First United Methodist Cooperative Nursery Preschool
FUMCN cooperative preschool is a caring, stimulating, and secure place for children to learn and grow. We are located in downtown Ann Arbor. We encourage creative thinking and provide opportunities for problem solving to help expand your child’s mind. At FUMCN cooperative preschool, children learn by doing. Using a wide variety of materials, they touch, taste, smell, look, and listen. Our emphasis is on learning through play and social interaction.
Some distinctive benefits of our preschool include:
- 3’s and 4’s classes, as well as a half-day Young Fives program
- Twice a week full-day option, including a lunch club and afternoon Explorer’s Club and Science Fridays enrichment programs
- Large classrooms where children can choose among activities, a library, and an outdoor playground
- Sibling Care nursery to use when assisting in the classroom
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up option
- Historic church building in downtown Ann Arbor, bordering the University of Michigan and providing numerous walking field trip opportunities
- Outstanding curriculum, including Handwriting Without Tears and a high level of parental involvement
- Frequent special days and events, such as Mud Day, Around the World Day, Spring Sing
- Two-year old playgroup
- Social events for parents
Membership in the FUMCN cooperative preschool is open to everyone, regardless of race, creed, sex, family composition, or nationality and ethnic origin.
cognitive, motor and literacy development in a play-based atmosphere.