Our overall philosophy is to create a strong foundation for future academic success through a structured, play-based environment. We achieve this through:
- Social skills training (problem solving, conflict resolution, cooperation, fostering independence, building friendships)
- Pre-academic learning (early literacy, Hand Writing without Tears, early math, science, art, and music activities)
- Dramatic play
- Fine motor skills activities
- Gross motor skills activities
- Field Trips
- In class visitors
- Community service
2018-2019 Class Offerings
- 3’s class (Tues. and Thurs. from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm)
- 4/5’s class (Mon., Wed, and Fri. from 9:00 am to 12:00pm)
- 3/4/5’s multi-age class (Mon., Tues., Thurs. from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm)
- Extended day options available. Contact us for more information.
Three rooms for children to explore and enjoy, plus a wonderful playground!
Q – Room
The Q – Room is known as the “Quiet Room.” It provides a place for students to do quiet activities such as reading, focused tasks, and fine motor skills like cutting, drawing, & taping.
B – Room
The B – Room is known as the “Big Motor Room.” Here students have a great space to engage in activities such as climbing, building, “rowing” a boat, and tossing a ball — rain or shine. Pretend play is also fostered through costumes, dolls, and a play kitchen.
A – Room
The A – Room is the place where all students gather for whole-group activities, such as Circle Time and Snack Time. A daily craft or other project is usually available, as well as a texture table and toys for free play.
FUMCN offers this beautiful outdoor space as well. The playground has a wooden play structure, turtle climber, tire swing, sand box, play house, and a merry-go-cycle!