One of the focuses of snacks at FUMCN is good nutrition and healthy eating. We try to provide foods without too much added sugar or processing.
The snack procedure for the 3’s, 4’s and 3/4’s classes is as follows:
- There is one assigned snack person for the school who is responsible for purchasing bulk quantities of healthy, non-perishable foods such as crackers.
- The emergency assist parent for each class will be responsible for bringing in a fresh fruit, vegetable, or dairy product (yogurt, cheese sticks, milk, etc.) for their particular class that day. Organic is recommended.
- When arriving at school, the emergency assist parent should also choose a non-perishable snack from the supply room and record both snacks on the A room instruction sheet hanging by the door. Let the A room parent know where the snacks will be stored until snack time (counter, refrigerator, etc.).
- The A room parent then serves both the non-perishable and the fresh snack brought in by the emergency assist parent.
The snack procedure for the Young Fives class is as follows:
- There is one assigned snack person for each class who is responsible for purchasing bulk quantities of healthy, non-perishable foods.
- Each parent then rotates on a weekly basis the responsibility for bringing in a fresh fruit, vegetable, or dairy product (yogurt, cheese sticks, milk, etc.) for the week for the entire class.
Birthday Celebrating and Snacks
At FUMCN we have non-food related birthday celebrations. Ms. Juli offers a surprise and a special certificate, and the class sings happy birthday. For those who really want to bring something to recognize their child’s birthday, Ms. Juli can offer alternative suggestions.